Sailboat Mooring Area
In 1979 the City of Hudson obtained a permit from the Department of The Army Corps of Engineers to allow the placement of 8 marking buoys and 50 mooring buoys for sailboats on the St. Croix River adjacent to Lakefront Park. The mooring area (PDF) is located on the south side of the Dike Road in the City of Hudson.
- The City of Hudson City Ordinance 181-14 (PDF)applies to the Mooring area. Ordinances, policies, and annual fees associated with the mooring area are reviewed on an annual basis by the Park Board. All recommendations of the Park Board are submitted to the Finance/Common Council for final approval.
- The Boat Mooring Area Rules, Policies, and Procedures is the policy adopted by the City Council which addresses the rules that apply to the mooring area.
- A downloadable version of the 2023 mooring application and liability waiver is linked below or is available upon request by the Parks Department, located at 505 Third Street, Hudson, WI, 3rd floor at City Hall, throughout the year.
2023 Mooring Application Mooring Liability Waiver (PDF)
- All current mooring holders and new applicants must apply annually to be considered for a position. All applications and liability waivers must be received and/or postmarked on or before the deadline date of March 1st each year.
- Each applicant will be provided with a copy of the Boat Mooring Area, Rules, Policies and Procedures, City Ordinance, and any other pertinent information related to the moorings.
For all other questions related to the Sailboat Mooring area, you may contact the Parks Department at 715-386-4774, ext. 113.